Just Veggies follows a 9 step production process to ensure the farming and distribution of good quality produce.
- The land is prepared as required. Soil samples are tested at the laboratory ensuring that the soil is well balanced and contaminant free.
- Once the soil has been prepared the seeds are planted. Seedlings that are grown in a nursery are planted during this stage of production.It is important for the growth and health of the produce that an extensive weed and fertilization process be implemented.
- Harvesting and product sourcing is conducted at the packhouse.
- The product is transported in controlled, cooled trucks to the factory. It is here that the vegetables are prepared for the market place.
- The vegetables are washed, cut and weighed by hand and prepared for the next stage of production.
- Fresh produce is sliced and diced and maintained in a cool environment (6’C) until packaged.
- Produce that will be sold as frozen foods is blanched (pre-cooked) to maintain the nutritional value and colour of the vegetables. The vegetables are then individually frozen in a blast freezer.
- The vegetables are the weighed and packed.
- The produce is then distributed or stored.